Check out what’s going on in the National League West.
Word on the street is that Mark Reynolds is interested in re-signing with the Rockies. The veteran first baseman has slashed a respectable .264/.349/.489 this season, not to mention slugging 29 (!!!) home runs. His bat has been vital to the Rockies’ playoff run this season, especially considering that he had a mere minor-league deal going into 2017 spring training.
Reynolds has been particularly valuable defensively, picking up the slack of Ian Desmond who bounced between the active roster and disabled list this season.
Reynolds is a free agent at the end of the season, but for everyone’s sake let’s hope Colorado acts fast in securing him for at least one more year.
Here’s what other news and rumors are floating around the National League West:
- Let’s talk about Sam Dyson’s eternal love for his cat, Snuckles.
- Time to make your voice heard. Well, sort of. Grade AJ Preller’s tenure as Padres GM.
- C’mon, you know you want this J.D. Martinez “Just Dingers” t-shirt. Give in to the temptation.
- Chris Taylor hits the Dodgers’ first inside-the-park home run in six years. That’s got to count for something, right?
- Rockies outfielder Carlos González is stirring up memories of his glory days.
- The Giants have claimed Engelb Vielma off of waivers from the Twins.
- The Padres have sent Carter Capps to the disabled list.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks are currently the best team in the National League. Real talk, who saw that one coming?
- Here is a handy dandy payroll worksheet for what the Los Angeles Dodgers are shelling out.
- Expect more September call-ups to be heading San Diego’s way.
- What 25-players would you chose to be the Diamondbacks’ Wild Card Game roster?
- The Dodgers have racked up their most wins in 40 years.