Check out what’s going on in the National League West.
It’s not brand new information that Clayton Kershaw is good at baseball. He have yet to allow a hit all of spring training. He did allow his first baserunner in Tuesday’s game against the Giants, a leadoff walk by Gorkys Hernandez in the first inning. The ace went on to throw 35 active pitcher while in the game and then two simulated batters in the bullpen afterwords. Kershaw will have about four more starts this spring.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League West:
- Robbie Ray has had trouble with righties, so can he work around that issue for the impending season?
- Greg Holland’s velocity is on the upswing.
- The Giants haven’t had a excellent start to spring training, but does that even matter?
- STOP WHATEVER YOU’RE DOING AND LOOK AT THIS DOG DRESSED AS A FRIAR.
- Henry Ramos will be out for several weeks due to a right groin strain.
- Here’s everything you could ever want to know about what Gregor Blanco brings to the Diamondbacks this year.
- David Dahl has been diagnosed with a rib injury.
- Could Matt Moore still have ace potential for the Giants or has his talent in San Francisco been spent?
- If you’re looking for the Padres players sprinkled amongst the World Baseball Classic teams, check out this list for where to see your favorite Friars.
- MRI results are negative on Scott Kazmir’s hip, so that’s some good news.
- What kind of season will Jeff Mathis have behind the plate in Arizona?
- Chad Bettis wants to have more fun in 2017. In other news, we are all Chad Bettis.
- Hunter “Crazy Eyes” Pence is more than just a fun subject of ballpark signs, he’s the insanely passionate player that the Giants need for a season that’s more than average.
- Jered Weaver made his first appearance as a Padre and it wasn’t so bad.