Here’s what’s going down in the National League Central.
Cardinals pitcher Corey Littrell suspended for 50 games for violating the Minor League Baseball Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The young lefty was looked at to add much needed depth to St. Louis’ pitching lineup. The 24-year old was acquired from the Red Sox back in 2014 when the Cardinals traded for John Lackey. This is the second time Littrell has been in violation of this policy.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League Central:
- Tony Watson has lost his arbitration case against the Pirates.
- Here’s your handy dandy visitor’s guide to checking out the Cubs’ Arizona spring training facility.
- Neftali Feliz has reported to camp for the Brewers, even though he’s not officially Milwaukee’s closer.
- Dexter Fowler is truly the baseball player that we need.
- How will the Reds replace Brandon Phillips?
- Sean Rodriguez will miss the entire 2017 season with Pittsburgh due to a shoulder injury.
- There’s more to the Cubs’ catcher lineup than just Willson Contreras.
- Craig Counsell wants the prospects to ignore all the rankings and you probably should too.
- This is what to look forward to coming out of the Cardinals bullpen next season.
- The Reds have signed Ryan Raburn to a minor-league deal.
- Here’s more on Andrew McCutchen’s move out of centerfield.
- Check out this exclusive footage of the Cubs batting practice from their workout yesterday.
- Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio’s spring training address to the team showed off the sheer depth of his vocabulary…yeah, let’s go with that one.