Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of everything going around in the American League West.
- Red Sox fans, don’t panic. The David Price news is not the worst thing in the world.
- Mets outfielder Jay Bruce didn’t think he would be back with New York in 2017, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale.
- Rougned Odor and the Rangers haven’t gained much ground on an extension.
- Lorenzo Cain, an impending free agent, is open to an extension with the Royals.
- Is 2017 really going to be the year of the Houston Astros or is that just what we’re saying about the 29 teams as well?
- Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria is expected to sell the team before the end of the year, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.
- Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs didn’t have much success in his first outing of the spring.
- EVERYONE TO THEIR BATTLE STATIONS! There might actually be some progress on this whole pace of play mess.
- Todd Frazier could return Wednesday, according to CSN Chicago’s Dan Hayes.
- Royals outfielder Brandon Moss has been plagued by back stiffness, according to Rustin Dodd of The Kansas City Star.
- THE WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC IS HERE!
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 6th, 1973, in a spring training game against the Pirates, Larry Hisle becomes the first designated hitter in major league history.