Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the National League West.
- The Rockies are not in ongoing extension talks with Carlos Gonzalez.
- Chicago placed Brett Lawrie on waivers with the intention of releasing him, a notable move for the White Sox’s infield.
- Carlos Rodon is OK, according to CSN Chicago’s Dan Hayes.
- Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard will make a bit more than $600,000 in 2017, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Trea Turner won’t be making much more than half a million dollars in 2017, which is notable given how favorably some view Turner.
- David Price won’t need surgery, according to WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford, which is very good news for the Red Sox.
- Carlos Santana, who is set to become a free agent at the end of the season, decided to change agents, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- Though the Nationals still seem interested in trading catcher Derek Norris, it seems there are few teams willing to take on his salary, according to Jorge Castillo of The Washington Post.
- The Diamondbacks signed T.J. McFarland to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training, the team announced.
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2004, Bud Selig announced Jackie Robinson Day would be celebrated every year on April 15.