Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Mets had a pretty quiet offseason. Should they have made more noise or are they in the right place?
- The Nationals were very sneaky in assembling a World Series caliber team this offseason.
- Hosmer and the Royals may be heading towards a feud of reality TV proportions. Just in time for the season, amiright?
- The Orioles didn’t do the offseason work that they should have.
- Ian Desmond has a broken hand and it’s hard to see who the loser in this situation really is.
- Javier Baez is not of this universe.
- The Red Sox are out to win the AL East again with a powerhouse pitching rotation.
- The Yankees still need young arms if they want to have any success this season.
- Trevor May has torn ligament and will likely get season ending Tommy John surgery.
- Manny Ramirez has a new Japanese baseball contract and it’s pretty amazing (we’re jealous).
- The World Baseball Classic is getting extremely exciting, just in case you needed us to tell you.
- The things go very wrong, very fast for the Royals…expect a mass exodus of player
- Tim Tebow got a hit in a real, live baseball game and it was glorious.
- The Rockies lined up very specifically for Pi Day and we applaud their effort.
- Cleveland fans: Don’t panic yet.
- The Cubs had a very special guest visit them at spring training.
- What teams are building themselves to be better later and will actually fulfill that destiny?
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On March 16th, 2001, Sammy Sosa signs a four-year contract extension keeping the Cub right fielder until 2006.