Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here is a roundup of what’s going on around the American League West.
- Sonny Gray is out with a lat strain, which is pretty bad news for the Athletics.
- In case you weren’t paying attention, the World Baseball Classic just got a whole lot more exciting.
- Blue Jays pitcher T.J. House was taken to the hospital after being struck by a line drive.
- Tim Tebow recently appeared in a baseball game, but the results weren’t very good.
- Corey Seager is getting healthier, but it doesn’t seem the Dodgers are rushing him back, according to Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times.
- Red Sox lefty David Price isn’t yet ready to throw, according to Evan Drellich of The Boston Herald.
- Chris Tillman isn’t ready to return, according to PressBox.com’s Rich Dubroff.
- Rangers right-hander Andrew Cashner is set to start a throwing program this weekend, according to MLB.com’s TR Sullivan.
- The Rays claimed Jumbo Diaz from the Reds, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon.
- The Twins hired Jeremy Hefner to be a scout, he announced on his Twitter account.
- Cardinals first baseman Matt Carpenter isn’t yet prepared to hit in games, according to Derrick Goold of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2006, Nick Johnson signed a three-year extension with the Nationals.