Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League East.
- MLB is pushing to stream games on Facebook now, because apparently people still use Facebook?
- The Cubs sign Pedro Strop to a one-year extension.
- Here are the five breakout candidates for the 2017 season, so get your jersey money ready.
- Javier Baez got the tattoo we all wish we could get.
- Baseball needs a lot of things right now, but the most pressing isn’t a new pitching clock or extra innings reform: it’s kindness.
- Adrian Beltre and Carlos Gomez honor Yordano Ventura at spring training.
- Marlins pitcher Jeff Locke underwent an MRI for a shoulder injury, but the club doesn’t seem to be too concerned, according to Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald.
- These rule changes would make baseball significantly faster…so that’s one way of putting it.
- Colby Rasmus’ neck beard is some next level facial hair.
- Spring training is here, but gasp, that also means that spring training yips are here too.
- Intentional walks are a beautiful baseball anomaly, darnit.
- Will 2017 go down as the year Shelby Miller makes a triumphant return?
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On February 26th, 1935, Babe Ruth is granted his release by the Yankees, giving the aging superstar an opportunity to play for the Braves.