Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
- The Cubs signed Pedro Strop to a one-year extension.
- Here is the latest from around the American League Central.
- Cuban outfield prospect Jose Garcia is joining the Cardinals on a minor league deal that includes a $2.5 million bonus.
- The Dodgers are pleased with the way Hyun-Jin Ryu has pitched early in spring training.
- New Nationals catcher Matt Wieters missed 10 weeks “baseball activity” as a result of an offseason incident involving a glass jug, according to Chelsea Janes of The Washington Post.
- Marlins pitcher Jeff Locke underwent an MRI for a shoulder injury, but the club doesn’t seem to be too concerned, according to Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald.
- The Braves have signed former NFL player Sanders Commings to a minor-league deal, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- Phillies righty Victor Arano will be sidelined at least a month as a result of a sprained ligament in his elbow, according to CSN Philadelphia’s Jim Salisbury.
- The Nationals seem open to the possibility of trading away catcher Derek Norris.
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, Terry Francona signed a three-year extension to remain in his role as the Red Sox manager.