Jump start your day off right with all the trade rumors and news floating around the MLB.
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League East.
- The Royals and the face of Kansas City, Eric Hosmer, are discussing a contract extension.
- There are obviously a lot of rule change propositions being thrown around by Robert Manfred. If you were commissioner, what would you do?
- Here are the five breakout candidates for the 2017 season, so get your jersey money ready.
- Baseball needs a lot of things right now, but the most pressing isn’t a new pitching clock or extra innings reform: it’s kindness.
- Some of MLB’s most high profile (for better or worse) umpires are stepping down. Once again, for better or for worse.
- The Nationals are super sneaky this offseason.
- Intentional walks are potentially on the chopping block with a new set of rules coming to baseball. How dare they.
- The Nationals have signed veteran catcher Matt Wieters.
- Spring training is here, but gasp, that also means that spring training yips are here too.
- These are the best presidential names in baseball history.
- Will 2017 go down as the year Shelby Miller makes a triumphant return?
MLB Injury Tracker
Offseason Trade Tracker
2016-17 Free Agent Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On February 23rd, 1986, even though he lost his arbitration case, Wade Boggs receives the largest amount ($1.35 million) ever awarded by this process.