Position: Seattle Mariners R&D Analytics Positions
Location: T-Mobile Park, Seattle WA
The Mariners are seeking individuals with a background in statistical analysis and a passion for baseball for both full-time and internship roles. The positions will work directly alongside the analytics team on a wide range of projects and provide ample opportunity to directly impact front office decision-making. Start and end dates are flexible; applicants only available for summer 2020 will be considered, but their preference is for candidates that can start by Feb 1, 2020.
- Statistical modeling and analysis of a variety of data sources including Statcast, Trackman and proprietary data sets
- Ad hoc queries and quantitative research
- Various game-day duties and support for all departments within Baseball Operations
- A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, and/or related technical field.
- Proficiency with either R or Python
- Familiarity with public baseball research
- Familiarity with any of pitch level data, hit vector data, biomechanical data
- Experience with predictive modeling
Applicants who have a demonstrated track record in the above qualifications may be considered for a full-time role.
While many candidates are undoubtedly capable, the Mariners desire a skillset that can impact, innovate and add value immediately.
This position is compensated.
To apply, please follow this link.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Seattle Mariners.
var SERVER_DATA = Object.assign(SERVER_DATA || );