Check out what’s going on in the American League East.
The Rays are looking to pursue Brett Lawrie, so that’s a shocker. Last week, the former Brewers top prospect was released from the White Sox. The 27-year old slashed a middle of the road .248/.310/.413 in his single year playing for Chicago. The Rays are stacked with infielders, so Lawrie’s place on the team would likely be a right handed bat coming off of the bench or an occasional DH substitution.
Here’s what else is going on in the American League East:
- Do you have a neat story on how you became a Yankee fan? Let Pinstripe Alley know and you could be featured on the font page of their site?
- While the White Sox release of Brett Lawrie was a quiet shock to baseball, it’s really gotten teams’ checkbooks ready. The Blue Jays are also interested in Lawrie, bring him back to Toronto.
- Orioles pitcher Dylan Bundy is still throwing his cutter and it’s going surprisingly well…so far.
- Chris Sale debuted for the Red Sox against the Astros and it was fairly underwhelming if we’re being honest.
- Is it worth it for the Rays to go after Quintana?
- Greg Bird is having a pretty explosive spring training, just saying.
- Here’s everything you need to know about Jays pitcher Francisco Liriano and what to expect of him this season.
- Want to watch your favorite Orioles play in the World Baseball Classic? Here’s how, when, and where you can do just that.
- David Price will not need surgery on his elbow. Everyone can exhale now.
- Can we please bring back the (
Tampa Bay Devil) Rays original jerseys?
- These are the best and worst offseason moves that the Yankees made this winter.
- Joey Batts is comin’ in hot this spring training. Hopefully he saves some for the regular season.
- Do you know who Jesus Liranzo is? Well, you’re not alone. But you’re going to want to know.
- Would the Red Sox miss Bryce Brentz if the Sox were to lose him?