Here’s what’s going down in the American League East.
The Orioles have acquired lefty pitcher Vidal Nuno from the Dodgers. Nuno pitched a 3.53 ERA in 58.2 innings last season with the Mariners. The Orioles have looked hard for a long reliever, and while the mostly remained quite this offseason, the move is solid and safe for the Birds. In exchange for the 29-year old, Baltimore sent over minor leaguer Ryan Moseley.
Here’s what else is happening across the American League East:
- Who is the most underrated Yankee in the team’s history?
- This is going to be a pivotal year in Deven Marrero’s career. So which direction will he go?
- The Rays should target Nationals catcher Derek Norris for a trade.
- The Orioles have been very quietly making small moves as spring training gets going.
- Here’s a guide to everything you should know about the Blue Jays spring training.
- The Yankees are sparing not even a moment of spring training and are already making moves. They’ve traded LHP Richard Bleier to Orioles.
- Get excited Boston fans (as if you weren’t already): MLB Network has named Mookie Betts #8 on their “Top 100 Players Right Now” list, so if that doesn’t light your fire for the season you better check yourself.
- Tampa Bay is expected to secure international prospect, Wander Franco. Baseball is in his blood seeing as he’s Erick Aybar’s nephew.
- As Matt Wieters makes his way to Washington D.C., here’s one final salute from Baltimore fans who’ve stood by him so long.
- No need to sound the sirens yet, but Josh Donaldson will be missing just a couple of weeks of spring training.
- There’s a chance the strike zone may be expanded. Here are the Yankee pitchers who will have the most trouble with that.
- What would be the optimal Red Sox lineup?
- Here are the Rays’ top prospects for third base.
- Jason Grilli: what you need to know, what you should know, and what to look forward too next season.