Check out everything happening around the American League East.
Orioles starter Chris Tillman is still battling shoulder discomfort. Tillman’s bullpen session last Saturday was bumped to Sunday, but the extra day of rest didn’t help much. The 28-year old suffered shoulder discomfort during and never ended up making it to the mound. The official diagnosis was joint soreness due to a reaction from taking antibiotics. Tillman was on the DL last August for the same lingering shoulder issue. It is unclear if he’ll be able to pitch on April 15th.
Here’s what other news is poppin’ around the American League East:
- Hector Velazquez is going to be the dark horse of the Red Sox’s pitching depth this season.
- The Yankees still have some uncertainty in their rotation, and are going to need to keep looking for young arms.
- The Orioles have signed Pedro Alvarez to a minor-league deal.
- Dalton Pompey left Saturday’s WBC game due to dizziness.
- The Rays should trade Evan Longoria, sorry not sorry.
- How will Chris Young perform at Fenway this season?
- Let’s all take a moment to agree that the Yankees’ team hair policy is a little dated and silly.
- Adam Jones, the hero America(n baseball) doesn’t deserve.
- T.J. House was struck in the head by a line drive.
- Rays claim RHP Jumbo Diaz from the Reds.
- Will Blake Swihart be able to redeem himself after not meeting the expectations of the Red Sox?
- Hate to be a dream killer here, but Aaron Judge hasn’t locked down his spot in right field yet.
- Here’s what you should know about Kendrys Morales and what he could bring to Toronto this season.