Check out what’s going on in the National League Central.
Brewers veteran reliever Rob Scahill has elected minor league free agency. His tenure in the big leagues was short lived and he came out of 2017 with not only a shaky 4.43 ERA, but also a 5.75 FIP across 22.1 innings.
Scahill was a 2016 waiver claim for the Brewers. He was designated for assignment in December of the same year, only to purchase his contract from Triple-A Colorado Springs the following May.
The 30-year old is in good company on the free market, joining now former Brewers Wily Peralta, Michael Blazek, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, and David Goforth.
Here’s what other news is going down in the National League Central:
- These are the Pirates’ projected arbitration salaries we’ll see this offseason.
- TBS needs to fix its on-screen scorebox because there is enough stress when it comes to postseason baseball and we really don’t need more.
- Watch Reds’ first round draft pic (and second overall pick) Hunter Greene strike out 7 in 3 innings.
- Here’s the Cardinals 2017 Arizona Fall League Preview.
- The Pirates are picking tenth in next year’s draft and there’s already some whispers of who they may go after.
- The Cubs vs. Nationals Game 4 time has officially been confirmed for 4:38 CT due to inclement evening weather patterns.
- The 2017 Cincinnati Reds existed, hopefully as a building block for the future.
- Should Jose Martinez play first base for the Cardinals in 2018?
- Milwaukee Brewers may have interest in purchasing another affiliate.